lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Joel Halbert <j...@su3analytics.com>
Subject FastVectorHighlighter and field compression
Date Sun, 06 Mar 2011 16:16:55 GMT
Hi,

I'm using FastVectorHighlighter for highlighting, 3.0.3.

At the moment this is highlighting a field which is stored, but not
compressed. It all works perfectly.

I'd like to compress the field that is being highlighted, but it seems
like the new way to compress a stored field is to apply it as a separate
un-indexed stored field to the document, and use
CompressionToolscompressString manually.

I cann't see how this will play nice with the highlighter though, given
that I'm highlighting the indexed field.

So, can I use compression on a field I want to highlight?

Joel