lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "suman.holani" <suman.hol...@zapak.co.in>
Subject performance issues in multivalued fields
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 11:41:25 GMT
Hello,

I am facing an issue for multivalued fields in lucene

I am generating lucene doc , where page is multivalued .

So my doc will be like this having more than n fields( which can be more
than 1500 also ..) per doc in case page attribute

Example

<doc>
                <media>
                                <id>12345</id>
                                <title>A title</title>
                                <description>My description</description>
                                <page>
                                                <!-- The page element can
contain up to 15000 entries!!!! -->

                                                            page1

Page 2                                                .
                                               .
               .n

 </page>

   </media>

</doc>

Will this structure can give a performance hit..?? as number of fields ar
dynamic for every doc..and can be huge.

Actually I am using same structure in clucene and its running awesome. Bt
lucene , is taking huge performance hit

Specially in . "Document D = searcher.doc(hits[i].doc); "

Regards

Suman