lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Coverstone" <br...@mainsequence.net>
Subject Multiple IndexWriter question
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 20:56:32 GMT
I am a Lucene newbie, so I apologize beforehand if I am asking anything
silly, or that has been covered before.

I am currently debugging a project using Lucene.  The problem that is
happening is searches stop responding when an IndexWriter is writing to the
index.  In going through the code, I am seeing where two or more IndexWriter
objects can be opened to the same index.  However, only one IndexWriter is
used.  Even though other IndexWriter objects are created but not used, would
their mere presence cause a problem?

My other suspicion is the index has become corrupted because we have other
indexes that are working just fine.  Though I've run a check and repair and
it seems to be clean.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Regards,
Brian Coverstone