lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Zhang, Lisheng" <Lisheng.Zh...@BroadVision.com>
Subject RE: lucene 3.0.3 | phrase query problem
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 06:15:34 GMT
Hi,

I think using Field.Index.NOT_ANALYZED means ignoring StandardAnalyzer, so we
index "sql. server" as one word. You may use luke to see how this field is indexed.

In this case we can only search whole term (without case change even), if using the
StandardAnalyzer to analyze "sql. server" we should not get result?

Best regards, Lisheng

-----Original Message-----
From: Ranjit Kumar [mailto:Ranjit.Kumar@otssolutions.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 9:39 PM
To: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org; java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: lucene 3.0.3 | phrase query problem

Hi,

I am using SpanQuery and SpanNearQuery to get phrase query like "Sql Server".

In my text file in which I am searching, it is present like (sql. server) mean 'sql dot server'
 which is not a span like "Sql Server".

While searching for phrase query "Sql Server". It gives result for (sql. server) which is
not correct.

I am using StandardAnalyzer on both side while creating index or searching on files. While
creating index Field.Index.NOT_ANALYZED  is used.

Please, give your suggestion !!!

Thanks & Regards,

Ranjit Kumar

Associate Software Engineer

cid:image002.jpg@01CB7089.C0069B40

US:       +1 408.540.0001

UK:       +44 208.099.1660

India:   +91 124.474.8100 | +91 124.410.1350

FAX:     +1 408.516.9050

 <http://www.otssolutions.com> http://www.otssolutions.com

Private, Confidential and Privileged. This e-mail and any files and attachments transmitted
with it are confidential and/or privileged. They are intended solely for the use of the intended
recipient. The content of this e-mail and any file or attachment transmitted with it may have
been changed or altered without the consent of the author. If you are not the intended recipient,
please note that any review, dissemination, disclosure, alteration, printing, circulation
or Transmission of this e-mail and/or any file or attachment transmitted with it, is prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail or any file or attachment transmitted
with it in error please notify OTS Solutions at info@otssolutions.com ===================================================================================================