lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Aylward <r...@glassdoor.com>
Subject RE: Using different field when overriding computeNorm
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 20:27:50 GMT
This is great. Is there a target of when 4.0 will be released?

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Muir [mailto:rcmuir@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 11:10 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Using different field when overriding computeNorm

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 1:51 PM, Ryan Aylward <ryan@glassdoor.com> wrote:
> I have had to do similar things to other methods of Similarity. In my example, I wanted
to have different behavior for the tf() method for each field. The tf method does not include
a field parameter as an input to it. The only solution I could come up

in Lucene's trunk, Similarity can now be controlled on a per-field
basis, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2236

The only exceptions are things like coord() which apply to e.g.
BooleanQuery (which might span multiple fields) and remain top-level
in the new SimilarityProvider.