lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "ZYWALEWSKI, DANIEL (DANIEL)" <daniel.zywalew...@alcatel-lucent.com>
Subject query with long names
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 10:39:16 GMT
Hello,
 I have a problem with documents that much the same query. So I do not index anything what
can identify clearly my documents (like id). That's why I want add a document that is already
indexed I don't add. And If I want delete a document and more documents match my query I don't
delete any of them. The problem is that the only difference between them is a name. So it
looks like this:
1) I want to index "Crazy Network"
2) I create a document Lucene with Field "name" and value Crazy Network"
3) I use a Query Parser with Standard Analyzer to see If I haven't already indexed it:
    - so I use StringBuffer to add the quotes before and after the name I'm looking or ->
So query is "Crazy Network" in nameField.
 4) If there is no match I index, If not I do not index

So if the first name I indexed is "Private Network Really" I cannot index after it "Private
Network" (because Private Network Really will match the query, and for me it means that this
document is already indexed).

Is there any way to format the query to indentify clearly the name I'm looking for? So if
I want find "Private Network" I won't also find "Private Network Really"?
Thanks