lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Storing payloads without term-position and frequency
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 17:38:35 GMT
Payloads only make sense in terms of specific positions in the index, so I don't think there
is a way to hack Lucene for it.  You could, I suppose, just store the payload for the first
instance of the term.

Also, what's the use case you are trying to solve here?  Why store term frequency as a payload
when Lucene already does it (and it probably does it more efficiently)

-Grant