lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ranjit Kumar <>
Subject lucene 3.0.3 | phrase query problem
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 05:38:30 GMT

I am using SpanQuery and SpanNearQuery to get phrase query like "Sql Server".

In my text file in which I am searching, it is present like (sql. server) mean 'sql dot server'
 which is not a span like "Sql Server".

While searching for phrase query "Sql Server". It gives result for (sql. server) which is
not correct.

I am using StandardAnalyzer on both side while creating index or searching on files. While
creating index Field.Index.NOT_ANALYZED  is used.

Please, give your suggestion !!!

Thanks & Regards,
Ranjit Kumar
Associate Software Engineer

US:       +1 408.540.0001
UK:       +44 208.099.1660
India:   +91 124.474.8100 | +91 124.410.1350
FAX:     +1 408.516.9050

Private, Confidential and Privileged. This e-mail and any files and attachments transmitted
with it are confidential and/or privileged. They are intended solely for the use of the intended
recipient. The content of this e-mail and any file or attachment transmitted with it may have
been changed or altered without the consent of the author. If you are not the intended recipient,
please note that any review, dissemination, disclosure, alteration, printing, circulation
or Transmission of this e-mail and/or any file or attachment transmitted with it, is prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail or any file or attachment transmitted