lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About WordNet synonyms search
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2011 17:35:13 GMT
Ah, you're expanding synonyms at query time. Missed that.

How is the indexing done in the first place? What analyzer is used? Have you
even tried using Luke to look into your index and see what's actually in there?

What is shown when you do an explain?

Most often this kind of thing is a result of your index not having what you
expect, but until you look you can only guess..

Best
Erick

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 12:04 PM, Gong Li <ee07b381@gmail.com> wrote:
> I print out the synonym for browned fox shown as following. But NO "make" is
> in the list.
>
> I mean I can use synonym to search the contents. When I search for "browned
> fox", it should get "brown fox" as the result, but it get "make" as one of
> the results. make is not the synonym, so it should not in the result.
>
> What is wrong???
>
> browned  (content:browned content:brown)
> fox (content:fox content:trick content:throw content:slyboots content:fuddle
> content:fob content:dodger content:discombobulate content:confuse
> content:confound content:befuddle content:bedevil)
>
> 2011/2/13 Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com>
>
>> At a guess make is a synonym for one of your search terms. doc.get
>> returns the original content, not synonyms.
>>

>> So what are your synonyms that might be a factor here?
>>
>> Best
>> Erick
>>
>> On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 6:04 AM, Gong Li <ee07b381@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I am tying WordNet synonyms into an SynonymAnalyzer. But I find there is
>> > wrong in the search result as following:
>> >
>> > input keywords: *browned fox*
>> >
>> > query.toString(): (content:browned content:brown) (content:fox
>> content:trick
>> > content:throw content:slyboots content:fuddle content:fob content:dodger
>> > content:discombobulate content:confuse content:confound content:befuddle
>> > content:bedevil)
>> >
>> > topDocs.totalHits: 2
>> >
>> > doc.get("content"):
it easy by