lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <>
Subject Re: Using different field when overriding computeNorm
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 19:09:33 GMT
On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 1:51 PM, Ryan Aylward <> wrote:
> I have had to do similar things to other methods of Similarity. In my example, I wanted
to have different behavior for the tf() method for each field. The tf method does not include
a field parameter as an input to it. The only solution I could come up

in Lucene's trunk, Similarity can now be controlled on a per-field
basis, see

The only exceptions are things like coord() which apply to e.g.
BooleanQuery (which might span multiple fields) and remain top-level
in the new SimilarityProvider.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message