lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Last/max term in Lucene 4.x
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2011 13:31:54 GMT
On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 8:47 PM, Jason Rutherglen
<jason.rutherglen@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Though, if you just want to get to the last term... VarGap's terms
>> index can quickly tell you the last indexed term, and from there you
>> can scan to the last term?  (It'd be at most 32 (by default) scans).
>
> In VariableGapTermsIndexReader, IndexEnum doesn't support ord.  How
> would I seek to the last term in the index using VarGaps?  Or do I
> need to interact directly with the FST class (and if so I'm not sure
> what to do there either).

Right, you'd have to work directly w/ the FSTEnum (ie, code changes).
The FSTEnum "feels" like a TreeMap, so, you can eg seekFloor to eg
0xffffffff, get the term, seek the TermsEnum there, then .next() until
you hit the end.

Maybe we need a seekFloor in the TermsEnum?  (What we have now is
really seekCeil).  But, what's the larger use case here..?

Mike

--
Mike

http://blog.mikemccandless.com