lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: query with long names
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 12:40:12 GMT
Sure, just use a field that is not analyzed. Perhaps you want to
define a new field in your documents like "nameKey" that is
analyzed with something like KeywordAnalyzer. See:
http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_0_3/api/all/index.html

PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper will let you use different
analyzers for different fields.

Best
Erick

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 5:39 AM, ZYWALEWSKI, DANIEL (DANIEL)
<daniel.zywalewski@alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>  I have a problem with documents that much the same query. So I do not index anything
what can identify clearly my documents (like id). That's why I want add a document that is
already indexed I don't add. And If I want delete a document and more documents match my query
I don't delete any of them. The problem is that the only difference between them is a name.
So it looks like this:
> 1) I want to index "Crazy Network"
> 2) I create a document Lucene with Field "name" and value Crazy Network"
> 3) I use a Query Parser with Standard Analyzer to see If I haven't already indexed it:
>    - so I use StringBuffer to add the quotes before and after the name I'm looking
or -> So query is "Crazy Network" in nameField.
>  4) If there is no match I index, If not I do not index
>
> So if the first name I indexed is "Private Network Really" I cannot index after it "Private
Network" (because Private Network Really will match the query, and for me it means that this
document is already indexed).

> Is there any way to format the query to indentify clearly the name I'm looking for? So
if I want find "Private Network" I won't also find "Private Network Really"?