lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jason Tesser <jasontes...@gmail.com>
Subject Proper way to deal with shared indexer exception
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2011 14:22:17 GMT
We are having issues with FileChannelClosed and are NOT calling
Thread.interrupt.  We also start to see AlreadyClosedException on Reader.

*
*

we are running the latest 3.0.3

We have code in my lucene Util class like this  http://pastebin.com/ifbxhVLi

*
*

we have a single shared searcher and a single writer which is only checked
out once not shared single threaded http://pastebin.com/YF8nmwg0

*
*

we use to call destroy in all the caches of the first paste bin which I
think is a problem

*
*

 1. what would be the recommended way here?

*
*

in other words if I catch AlreadyClosedException ace OR
ClosedChannelException OR IOException what would be the best to do with my
shared searcher

*
*

2.  is reopen enough?  or should I get a brand new searcher?

Thanks,
Jason Tesser
dotCMS Lead Development Manager
1-305-858-1422