lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <>
Subject Re: Keyword Analyzer
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2011 11:04:50 GMT
Presumably because without the quotes the parser is splitting it up
into 2 terms.  Why bother parsing it?  Just build the query directly.

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Ganesh <> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am using Keyword analyzer to index a field and while using queryparser, I am using
the same analyzer.  I am indexing the text Hello world and while searching using queryparser.parse
it is not returning me any results. I need to use the text within the codes qp.parse("Hello
> My question is why i need to give the text within codes (basically as a phrase). While
indexing i have not given and it is indexing as single term and while searching also it should
consider the complete text as single term.