lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Georger Araujo <georger.ara...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extending org.apache.lucene.analysis.br.BrazilianAnalyzer to discard numeric tokens
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 15:57:28 GMT
2011/2/7 Robert Muir <rcmuir@gmail.com>

> On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Georger Araujo <georger.araujo@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I started using Lucene a few weeks ago, and I must say I'm amazed. Hats
> off
> > to the developers and the community!
> > I'd like to write a custom analyzer whose only difference to
> > org.apache.lucene.analysis.br.BrazilianAnalyzer is that I want it to
> discard
> > numeric tokens from the input. I've looked at the code and also at the
> > discussion in [1], but I'm lost about what is the simplest/cleanest way
> > go.
> > What do you think?
>
> Hi, in general the supplied analyzers are basically very general
> purpose examples.
>
> So i would make your own analyzer: except using a tokenizer that
> discards numbers (like lowercasetokenizer) instead of
> standardtokenizer: something like LowerCaseTokenizer +
> BrazilianStemFilter + Brazilian stopwords in a stopfilter.

Hi,
I investigated this issue further and found out that StandardTokenizer is
actually desirable for my needs - I need to index emails, acronyms, etc. So
I'll use package org.apache.lucene.analysis.StopFilter as a starting point
to try and write a custom TokenFilter to discard numbers, then just extend
BrazilianAnalyzer and use this custom TokenFilter as the final filter in the
chain. I believe the end result will be simpler and cleaner this way.
Best regards,

Georger