lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Felipe Lobo <>
Subject Re: Some Problem with Lucene in Java
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 17:54:42 GMT
If i understand you question right, you want do generate the snippet for the
result documents.
You can do something like the code below:

QueryScorer scorer = new QueryScorer(query);
Highlighter highlighter = new Highlighter(scorer);
highlighter.setTextFragmenter(new SimpleSpanFragmenter(scorer));
String text = document.getField(fieldName).stringValue();
TokenStream tokenStream = analyzer.tokenStream(fieldName, new
String snippet = highlighter.getBestFragments(tokenStream, text,

2011/2/3 Cescy <>

> Hi,
> I am developing an advanced pdf search engine in java by using pdfbox and
> lucene. And I must display the context of each keyword in the user
> interface, but i cannot find a method to do so. Most of the methods provided
> are used to deal with documents with whole content in the specified field,
> and i just need the context of each keyword (i.e. some specified part of the
> contents in the specified field).
> Are there any ways to do so???
> Thx.
> Cescy