lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Anuj Shah <anujshahw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Syntax for Numeric Range
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 13:53:14 GMT
Hi,

I see why the existing syntax cannot be used to automatically generate a
NumericRange. But, is it possible to extend the QueryParser to include
additional syntax for a numeric range. e.g.

numericfield:[1;10]

The user can be trained to use this syntax for certain fields (i.e those
that I know are indexed as NumericField)

Thanks

Anuj