lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <>
Subject Re: Regarding Search Performance
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 18:33:44 GMT
You should really provide us with more info. Maybe some code too.
Valuable infos are for example:

- how big is your index?
- how does the query look like?
- are you searching from a local file system or ram dir or from remote FS?
- how fast is the second search?
- which version of lucene are you useing?

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 7:23 PM,  <> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have searching fields from multiple indexes. I am using Boolean Query. Index Search
is taking nearly 20 sec for one query.
> I have read that Query Filter have a feature of caching the inner Query search results.
I am not sure which Query is useful whether Query Filter or boolean query ?