lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multi Index Search Query
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 13:26:04 GMT
This is usually something you should not do. Is there any possibility you can
combine these indexes into one? Maybe sharded? Because this approach
is almost guaranteed to scale poorly.

This smells like an XY problem, perhaps you can back up and explain
what the higher-level problem you're trying to solve is...

See: http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#xyproblem

Best
Erick

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 1:16 PM,  <madhuri_1820@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two index files. I am searching id1 from Index A and id2 from Index B.
> By using id1 (Index A) results , I am searching id2 from Index B. I stored these two
index files in local file system.
> I am using filter as a result of Index A.
> IndexSearcher.search(Query,filter,10000);
>
> I am running queries individually. Is there any possibility that I can combine these
two queries into single query. Can I use Multi index search in this case ?