lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HA Configuration / Best Practices
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 10:26:50 GMT
One way, not necessarily typical or best practice, but known to work,
is to designate one of your WS layer machines, or another server, as
the master indexer.  Run all index updates on that server and copy
indexes out to other server(s) using rsync.  That is normally quick
since it only takes changes.  Have something that notified slave
servers when they need to reopen their indexes so that searches don't
get out of synch.

Or look at solr.  I believe it takes care of most of this out of the box.

--
Ian.