lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Last/max term in Lucene 4.x
Date Sun, 20 Feb 2011 22:51:42 GMT
On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 8:42 AM, Jason Rutherglen
<jason.rutherglen@gmail.com> wrote:

>> But you have to
>> use a terms index impl that supports ord (eg FixedGap).
>
> Ok, and the VariableGap is the new standard because the FST is much
> more efficient as a terms index?  Perhaps I'd need to create a codec
> (or patch the existing) to automatically store the max term?

It's really easy to make a codec that eg copies Standard but swaps in
FixedGap terms index instead...

Though, if you just want to get to the last term... VarGap's terms
index can quickly tell you the last indexed term, and from there you
can scan to the last term?  (It'd be at most 32 (by default) scans).

--
Mike

http://blog.mikemccandless.com