lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Pierre GOSSE <pierre.go...@arisem.com>
Subject RE: How to implement a proximity search using LINES as slop
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 08:37:53 GMT
Hi Livia,

One way of doing this line slope would be to implement a custom tokenizer that could tokenize
on new line, and split each token into the words it contains. I.e. Each word of a line would
be seen as being at the same position (and having same offset and length as the complete line).

I don't think usual queries would respond well with that field, so maybe you will have to
have two fields, one standard for searching and scoring and one custom for filtering your
results.

But maybe that's overkill, and there's a simpler manner to achieve this line slope, I'm quite
new to solr. :)

Pierre

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Livia Hauser [mailto:livia.hauser@web.de]
Envoyé : lundi 7 février 2011 20:59
À : java-user@lucene.apache.org
Objet : How to implement a proximity search using LINES as slop

Hi All,

I use solr 3.x and put excel documents into an index.
I have my own query parser and use SpanQueries to provide a proximity search feature. It works
really good.
Most often than not its better to limit the proxmity to one or two line's, not to X words.
I try to find a NewLine indicator... unsuccessfully.
How can use the number of lines as proximity?

Thx!