lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Livia Hauser" <livia.hau...@web.de>
Subject RE: How to implement a proximity search using LINES as slop
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 21:51:21 GMT
Hi Pierre,

many thanks for your idear.
I had a look to Payloads ... should it possible to store the line number as payload?

Best Regards,
Livia

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: "Pierre GOSSE" <pierre.gosse@arisem.com>
Gesendet: 08.02.2011 09:37:53
An: "java-user@lucene.apache.org" <java-user@lucene.apache.org>
Betreff: RE: How to implement a proximity search using LINES as slop

>Hi Livia,
>
>One way of doing this line slope would be to implement a custom tokenizer that could tokenize
on new line, and split each token into the words it contains. I.e. Each word of a line would
be seen as being at the same position (and having same offset and length as the complete line).

>I don't think usual queries would respond well with that field, so maybe you will have
to have two fields, one standard for searching and scoring and one custom for filtering your
results.

>But maybe that's overkill, and there's a simpler manner to achieve this line slope, I'm
quite new to solr. :)

>Pierre

It works really good.