lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From sol myr <solmy...@yahoo.com>
Subject [Lucene] custom Query, and Stop Words
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 08:43:41 GMT
Hi,

I'm building my own BooleanQuery (rather than using Query Parser). That's because I need different
defaults from my users:
If a user types:  java program
I need to run the query: +java* +program* (namely AND search, with Prefix so as to hit "programS",
"programMER").

So naively I split the user's input into words, and build my query term-by-term:
   String[] words= userInput.split(" ");
   BooleanQuery query=new BooleanQuery();
   for(String word: words)
       query.add(new PrefixQuery(new Term("topic", word)), Occur.MUST);

But since my index is built with StandardAnalyzer, I'm having trouble with Stop Words.
If the user types: program of java
Then of course my query (+program* +of* +java+) returns zero results.

Is there an easy solution?
I'd like to keep using StandardAnalyzer (I don't want to index by stupid keywords such as
"of"). I would just like stop-words to be removed from my query (as QueryParser does).
Is there some utility method for this? Direct access to the list of stop-words?

Thanks

Bored stiff? Loosen up...
http://games.yahoo.com/games/front