lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "suman.holani" <suman.hol...@zapak.co.in>
Subject fields : stored and indexed
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 10:39:25 GMT
Hello,

I am little confused on the stored and index part of lucene

How it actually stores the indexed field and stored field

Is it that for every field indexed , all the store fields added .I mean do
we create diff indexes for every indexed field ,replicating the stored field
in each of them.

I have read that less the number of fields in document , more will b the
faster search would be.The number of fields is actual number of fields or
the indexed fields?

So , in that case if we use  STORE.YES and INDEX.NO  for major non
searchable fields ,will searching  be faster.

Regards,

Suman