lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From L Duperval <duper...@videotron.com>
Subject Re: Use of PrefixQuery to create multi-word queries
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2011 13:45:11 GMT
Cameron,

Cameron Leach <cameron.developer <at> gmail.com> writes:
> I think what you want is for something like this:
>
> "the brown dog" ->
> the brown dog
> brown dog
> dog
>
> If you write your custom analyzer accordingly, to trim terms from the
> beginning and then use the NGramTokenFilter, you should get your real-time
> search results back the way you expect. A small caveat is that spans won't
> work here (e.g. 'the do' won't match 'the brown dog'), which might be what
> you want.

Thanks, that's another possible approach. I have a few that I need to sort
through and test out. I also need to take into account performance and memory
usage. I have to index about 1M small documents in RAM so if additional
tokenizing is anything more than linear, I may have to rethink this.

Thanks,