lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Clemens Wyss <clemens...@mysign.ch>
Subject AW: Paging with Lucene
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2011 13:31:52 GMT
The problem is, that due to the "filtering" AFTER having searched the index, we don't know
how many TopDocs to read in order have "enough" for page x.

Does lucene's search allow injecting kind of a "voter"/"vetoer", which is called for any hit
(ScoreDoc) lucene has encountered. This voter should be able to reject the given hit from
TopDocs (by returning false). Can this be done with a custom Filter?
This of course comes with a performance penalty, but it would allow to search for n ScoreDocs,
even in our case...