lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Lukas Kahwe Smith <...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 21:46:30 GMT

On 18.01.2011, at 22:04, Grant Ingersoll wrote:

> As devs of Lucene/Solr, due to the way ASF mirrors, etc. works, we really don't have
a good sense of how people get Lucene and Solr for use in their application.  Because of this,
there has been some talk of dropping Maven support for Lucene artifacts (or at least make
them external).  Before we do that, I'd like to conduct an informal poll of actual users out
there and see how you get Lucene or Solr.

> Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?
>
> [X] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene website)
>
> [] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)
>
> [X] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.
>
> [] Other (someone in your company mirrors them internally or via a downstream project)

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
mls@pooteeweet.org