lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: lucene across many clients
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 19:25:04 GMT
That is certainly one way of approaching it. Another is to add a
ClientId field to each document and add a mandatory "AND
ClientId=thisclient"
to each query.

This will have some effect on relevance since the statistics are
gathered over the whole corpus rather than just the individual client.

Also, if you us autosuggest, you may well suggest terms that will
result in zero hits.

Best
Erick