lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: parsing Java log file with Lucene 3.0.3
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2011 15:59:04 GMT
Some days I just can't read...

First question: Why do you require standard analyzer?Are you really making
use of
the special processing? Take a look at other analyzer options.
PatternAnalyzer,
SimpleAnalyzer, etc.

If you really require StandardAnalyzer, consider using two fields.
field_original
and field_processed. Store (but don't index) the original string in
field_original.
pre-process and analyze (but don't store)  in field_processed. Search
against field_processed and display from field_original.

This won't bloat your index, since the operations are orthogonal anyway.

Best
Erick