lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Kane <andrewrk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query parse errors for dashes in Lucene (3.0.3)
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2011 01:40:29 GMT
What are you talking about?!  A search engine isn't a compiler with a
programmer for a user and a strict syntax.  The job of a search engine is to
produce the best results it can *for any given input*.  Am I missing
something here?

Andrew.

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 5:15 PM, Adriano Crestani <adrianocrestani@gmail.com