lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dmytro Barabash <d.barab...@gmail.com>
Subject Unusual scoring
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 08:39:03 GMT
Hi!
My index contains a few (really 7) fields and I need to search by all
of them. I use BooleanQuery and seven TermQueries added to this one.
Problem: result must to be sorted by max(field.boost), not by Lucene’s
default formula.
I think, for this I need to implement MySimilarity (it will simply
return 1.0 from all methods – empty similarity), MyBooleanQuery (and
MyBooleanWeight, and MyBooleanScorer), MyTermQuery (and MyTermWeight,
and MyTermScorer), and at last MyCollector. Collector should be
overridden because at this point possible change default summation to
max().
Maybe I was mistaken and there is more straightforward way to realize
such behavior?
Thanks in advance!
Dmytro