lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "or" as a search term
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2011 04:05:39 GMT
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 10:38 PM, Benoit Mercier
<benoit.mercier@member.fsf.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am happily using Lucene for several years to offer French lexical analysis
> tools to university researchers.   Today, one of them decided to analyze the
> use of the French word "or" (meaning "gold" in French) in one of my corpus
> powered by Lucene...  And, as you probably already guessed, no results...

What analyzer are you using?

By default, StandardAnalyzer and StopAnalyzer uses a set of english
stopwords. For french, this list is probably not appropriate.
If you look at the javadocs, you can pass in your own set of
stopwords... for lexical analysis maybe this should be an empty set.