lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From amg qas <amg...@gmail.com>
Subject Filter documents on a field value while searching the index
Date Sat, 22 Jan 2011 19:32:21 GMT
Hi,

I have couple of questions on filtering result set while performing a
search in lucene index :

1) I want to filter the document set returned when searching an index
based on a match on a particular field.
For eg if I have a Field in my index called CompanyName - then while
searching for documents that match
some query I want to restict the result set to only those documents
where CompanyName = 'Foo'. I looked
at the existing Filters in Lucene and could not figure out a way to
accomplish this using any of those filters.

2) Filter result set on a collection of values - for eg in the case
mentioned in 1 can I filter documents
where CompanyName = 'Foo' OR 'Bar' OR 'FooBar'.

3) Filter result set on multiple fields - for eg if my index has the
fields CompanyName & Location -
can I filter documents where CompanyName = 'Foo' & Location = 'Arizona'.

4) Filter result set on multiple fileds on collection of values for
each field - for eg if my index has the fields
CompanyName & Location - can I filter documents where (CompanyName =
'Foo' OR 'Bar') & (Location = 'Arizona'
OR 'Washington').

Thanks,
-amg