lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Pulkit Singhal <pulkitsing...@gmail.com>
Subject Spell Checker for Non English languages
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2011 16:46:25 GMT
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone on this mailing list have ever compiled a
list of algorithms for various non English languages that work well
with the lucene-spellchecker contrib module?

For example, with English using an spellchecker index built using
ngrams and then searched using LevensteinDistance works well. But
would this work for Chinese, Japanese or Korean just as well?

I can't be sure since I'm not a native speaker for any of those
languages and I do not want to make any assumptions.

Therefore, I was wondering if folks on this list could point me to
some lucene wiki page or other source that talks about what works for
which languages in terms of spell checking. It doesn't have to be
strictly related to the spellchecker module, if someone has done work
separately to get better results, please let me know about that too.

Thanks!