lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From adasal <adam.salt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Lucene to search live, being-edited documents
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2011 18:25:57 GMT
I would think this is more like it.
But the essential thing, so it seems to me, is whether there is a
requirement for a serialised index, i.e. a more permanent record, aside from
the saved document.
Then, if there is a penalty to creating the index compared to regex,
stringsearch or so, it is justified on other grounds.
I think it is an interesting q. when does that requirement emerge?
There is size of document.
But there would also be field types. I think I have this right. This is
really a classification system, so more than bare regex.
There must be other criteria that apply to this use case, too?

Adam

p.s. we (in my work project) are just beginning to use Lucene for geometry
objects and I am looking forward to understanding its use better, including,
possibly, expanding it to other use cases apart from geo objects.