lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Umesh Prasad <umesh.i...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Lucene to search live, being-edited documents
Date Sat, 22 Jan 2011 02:11:26 GMT
Hi,
   One work around would be to version the documents and store the
version as well as the timestamp of indexed document into the index.

Reading between lines I assume that
Document is
a) stored in some DB/File :
b) indexed in lucene index

User Search  On on b)
Document ids
but documents are displayed to user after retrieving from a).

Now I do not know a way in which I can keep a) and b) completely in
sync in realtime. As there will be some time taken in indexing
operation itself. a) --> b) .

Instead we can do following.
a) stored : Document ID + Document Text + Document Version +
Modification Time Stamp (T1)
b) Indexed : Document ID + Document Text + Document Version +
Modification Time Stamp (T2) (when indexed) (broken into date + hour +
mins + sec for minimizing number of terms)

User Searches b)
Search System gets Document ID + Modification Time Stamp (T2) and gives to
Presentation layer which compares the  T1 & T2.
If T2 < T1, Skip the result.

Assumption : Stored document is always in sync. Documents are
persisted somewhere and not served from memory.

Thanks & Regards
Umesh Prasad

---
Thanks & Regards