lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [REINDEX] Note: re-indexing required !
Date Sun, 23 Jan 2011 17:02:37 GMT
<<<Does the "3x" refer to the 3.x development branch?>>>
yes

<<<will a future 3.x release require rebuilding indexes>>>
Unknown. The devs are trying mightily to keep this kind of thing out of
the 3_x branch, but this was a fairly nasty bug rather than an
enhancement which made it important enough to put in the 3x branch.

This is NOT the same sort of issue you've seen in messages about
rebuilding trunk indexes, those are enhancements and, I believe,
will never be back-ported to 3x

Best
Erick