lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Livia Hauser" <livia.hau...@web.de>
Subject how to implement a proximity search feature using Queries instead of terms
Date Sun, 16 Jan 2011 17:42:18 GMT
Hi All,

i have my own query parser which generates fuzzy/wildcard queries instances. It works fantastic,
Lucene rocks ;-).
But i have to make sure the words are not to far apart.  I checked current proximity implementation.
What i found is: PhraseQuery calculates a distance between terms (no fuzzy logic possible).
I have to calculate the distance (proximity) on the base of fuzzy queries.

Somebody  a idea how i can implement this feature?

Short example:
indexed string: "left word a b c d e f other right"
query string (fuzzy 0.5): "ohter word"
expected distance: 6

Many thanks!