lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Taylor <paul_t...@fastmail.fm>
Subject How do you know when index.optimize has finished ?
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 09:16:38 GMT
I'm building six different indexes in series, at the end of building an
index I call optimize() and then close() the writer, then move onto the
next one.
I build them in series because they are extracting the data from a
database and I don't want to overload the database.
However the optimization takes a while and because that does'nt effect
the db I want to start building the next index whilst the optimize of
the last one is being done by using optimize(false), but if I do this
how do I know when the optimization is finished so I can close the writer ?

thanks Paul