lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Wulf Berschin <bersc...@dosco.de>
Subject Re: ****SPAM(5.0)**** Re: Highlight Wildcard Queries: Scores
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 14:56:10 GMT
Hi Erick,

good points, but:

our index is fed with german text. In german (in contrast to english)
nouns are just appended to create new words. E.g.

Kaffee
Kaffeemaschine
Kaffeemaschinensatzbehälter

In our scenario standard fulltext search on "Maschine" shall present all
of these nouns. That's why we add * before and after on each term.

Of course we provide an option "full words only" which finds none of these.

Since we do not wrap * around words shorter than 4 characters we weren't
yet faced with the too many clauses exception.

Greetings
Wulf