lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Benoit Mercier <benoit.merc...@member.fsf.org>
Subject "or" as a search term
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2011 03:38:11 GMT
Hi,

I am happily using Lucene for several years to offer French lexical
analysis tools to university researchers.   Today, one of them decided
to analyze the use of the French word "or" (meaning "gold" in French) in
one of my corpus powered by Lucene...  And, as you probably already
guessed, no results...

I tried not using the default QueryParser implementation and building
programmatically a simple BooleanQuery with the "or" term (surrounded or
not by double quotes) : no results.  I also played a lot with Luke to be
sure that my code is not responsible for this behavior.  By the way, my
corpus contains a lot of "or" occurrences and everything else is working
perfectly well for many years.

I first thought that modifying the QueryParser JavaCC lexical grammar
would help (desactivating the OR operator and just keep || ), but the
problem seems wider since even without using the QueryParser I am unable
to find the word "or" in my indexes...

Do you have any clue?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,