lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Federico Fissore <feder...@fissore.org>
Subject Re: is OpenBitSet / SortedVIntList compressed bit map index?
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2011 23:11:37 GMT
First Last, il 07/01/2011 20:55, ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> is OpenBitSet / SortedVIntList a compressed bit map index? Which one is
> better if memory usage is the primary concern ?

SortedVIntList is compressed, OpenBitSet is not

> Our filters are sparse. So is SortedVIntList better in that case?

Yes

> Are there any other compressed bitmap index implementations which offer bit
> map compression at a decent performance assuming filters are sparse?

I'm too looking for alternative implementations of compressed bitsets,
so I'm too really interested in everybody experience: my primary concern
at the moment is serializing bitsets to recover searcher warmup time

I've tried some and roughly tested them: my conclusion was that we
(lucene users) already stand on the rolls royce of bitset implementations.

federico