lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Lucene to search live, being-edited documents
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 15:16:44 GMT
There is also the MemoryIndex, which is in contrib and is designed for one document at a time.
 That being said, basic grep/regex is probably fast enough.

-Grant

On Dec 29, 2010, at 9:27 PM, Lance Norskog wrote:

> Check out the Instantiated contrib for Lucene. This is an alternative
> in-memory data structure that does not need commits and is faster (and
> larger) than the Lucene Directory system.
>
> On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 9:15 AM,  <adam.saltiel@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What has this to do with Lucene? You're thinking its index would be faster than your
own search algorithm. Would it though? Do you really need an index or a good pattern matcher?
I can't see what the stream buffer being flushed by the user has to do with it? Don't you
have to control that behaviour?