lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2011 11:23:08 GMT

On Jan 18, 2011, at 10:04 PM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:

> As devs of Lucene/Solr, due to the way ASF mirrors, etc. works, we really don't have
a good sense of how people get Lucene and Solr for use in their application.  Because of this,
there has been some talk of dropping Maven support for Lucene artifacts (or at least make
them external).  Before we do that, I'd like to conduct an informal poll of actual users out
there and see how you get Lucene or Solr.

> Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?
>
> [] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene website)
>
> [X] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)

Via repo1 using Maven for stable builds.

> [X] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.

For trunk and branch builds.

> [] Other (someone in your company mirrors them internally or via a downstream project)
>
> Please put an X in the box that applies to you.  Multiple selections are OK (for instance,
if one project uses a mirror and another uses Maven)

> Please do not turn this thread into a discussion on Maven and it's (de)merits, I simply
want to know, informally, where people get their JARs from.  In other words, no discussion
is necessary (we already have that going on dev@lucene.apache.org which you are welcome to
join.)