lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Amr ElAdawy <Amr.ElAd...@etisalat.com>
Subject Search Score percentage, Should not be relative to the highest score
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 07:06:59 GMT
Dear All,

                When using lucene to search documents, the results have a score based on their
relativity to the search term. Inside lucene, the score
percentage is calculated as a percentage of the maximum score achieved.

Assume we are searching for Amr ElAdawy

We get results like the following along with the score:
Omar ElAdawy --> 1.6
Amro ElAdawy --> 1.9
Amir Adawi --> 1.3

With no exact match. Then the percentage will be calculated relative to the highest score
( despite the fact that it is not exact match). So the percentage will be:

Omar ElAdawy --> 84.21%
Amro ElAdawy --> 100%
Amir Adawi --> 68.42%

I need to change that, so the percentage will be relative to the exact match score. And will
be something like that (assuming the Matching result score is 3):

Omar ElAdawy --> 53.33%
Amro ElAdawy --> 63.33%
Amir Adawi --> 43.33%

Regards,
Amr ElAdawy

The content of this email together with any attachments, statements and opinions expressed
herein contains information that is private and confidential, are intended for the named addressee/s
only. If you are not the addressee of this email you may not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise
use it or any part of it in any form whatsoever. If you have received this message in error,
please notify Mail.Admin@etisalat.com by email immediately and delete the message without
making any copies.