lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Amr ElAdawy <Amr.ElAd...@etisalat.com>
Subject Re: Search Score percentage, Should not be relative to the highest score
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 09:31:26 GMT

Hi iorixxx, Thanks a lot for your reply

I had read the link and I understand the concern, however, the normalization
is happening inside lucene. Where the normalizing value is the inverse of
the maxScore.

I can alter the code to leave the original score, however it is a business
requirements to view the matching percentage. Also, the absolute score means
nothing because we wont know the exact matching score.

I am thinking of alter the core to make the normalization relative to the
number of terms, considering that the each term will score 1, so the exact
match should score 3 if there are 3 terms.

The problem for that, I dont know how to get the number of Clauses from
Query, nor the number of Terms.
Also, some exact matching results scored more than 3 !!

any ideas?