lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Preserving original HTML file offsets for highlighting
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2011 13:15:50 GMT
Hi Karolina,

for this no Solr is needed at all. The CharFilter is simply placed outside
Lucene, but you can use without anything else from Solr. You can copy the
java file from Solr's source, choose another package name and you are
finished.

About Tokenizer and Analyzer: StandardAnalyzer does the combination of
Tokenizers and TokenFilters (and possibly CharFilters). It is just an
easy-to-use class that serves as a factory for TokenStreams (which is the
superclass of Tokenizers). If you want your own analysis, you have to
implement an Analyzer class (possibly use StandardAnalyzer source code as
basis) and add the needed Filters (this HTMLStripCharFilter) to the factory
method.

You may read the analysis' package javadocs to get information how to do
this. Note: This HTMLStripCharFilter does not need TIKA at all).

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen