lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Raghavendra D.V Rao (rarao2)" <rar...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: Problem with "BooleanQuery.TooManyClauses"
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 07:05:50 GMT
Update on my previous query.

In our application environment, our queries will typically contain
200-300 clauses. The chances of  clauses becoming 5000  is less.

Hence we are interested in knowing the actual impact of setting the
setMaxClauseCount () to high value on the normal queries, containing
less number of clauses.

Regards,

Raghav

From: Raghavendra D.V Rao (rarao2)
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2010 10:36 AM
To: 'java-user@lucene.apache.org'; 'lucene-net-user@lucene.apache.org'
Cc: Preetham Kajekar (preetham)
Subject: Problem with "BooleanQuery.TooManyClauses"

Hi All,

We have a requirement where in we need to construct a BooleanQuery, with
the TermQueries, whose count is large , but that it is somewhat fixed
number.  It could be around a 5000 or 6000.

At present we are hitting the BooleanQuery.TooManyClauses exception, as
the  default count of max caluse is 1024.

I just wanted to know if there are any performance related impact
because of setting this to some high value, using
BooleanQuery.setMaxClauseCount();

Please help.

Details.

Lucene Version = 2.4.0