lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Raghavendra D.V Rao (rarao2)" <rar...@cisco.com>
Subject Problem with "BooleanQuery.TooManyClauses"
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 05:06:00 GMT
Hi All,

We have a requirement where in we need to construct a BooleanQuery, with
the TermQueries, whose count is large , but that it is somewhat fixed
number.  It could be around a 5000 or 6000.

At present we are hitting the BooleanQuery.TooManyClauses exception, as
the  default count of max caluse is 1024.

I just wanted to know if there are any performance related impact
because of setting this to some high value, using
BooleanQuery.setMaxClauseCount();

Please help.

Details.

Lucene Version = 2.4.0